Encountering a "Checkout Unavailable" error during the payment process can be frustrating for both payers and merchants. This guide provides high-level steps to help you troubleshoot and resolve this issue effectively.
Verify the Customer Record has an email address.
The Customer Record requires an email address. If there is no email address in the customer record, we will experience the checkout unavailable issue. If there is no email address, you can always add firstname.lastname@example.org.
Verify if the Virtual Terminal is working correctly.
Verify if the virtual terminal is working. You can access the Virtual Terminal by selecting the Pay with Paystand button from the Invoice or Customer Record.
If it is not functioning correctly, you should create a support ticket.
Verify the Email Template used.
Ensure you select the appropriate email template for the specific subsidiary. Follow these steps to verify that you're using the correct email template.
1. Access the invoice level: Click on the white sheet icon from the Invoice, then select Email.
2. Click Message
3. Choose the correct email Template.
4. Ensure you select the appropriate email template for the specific subsidiary. The email template name is "Accept Payment Invoice."
5. Click Preview
6. The email preview will be generated.
Click Pay Now! button to test the email template.
7. If the correct email template is chosen, the checkout will be displayed.