Can I contest an ACH chargeback?

There is NO way to contest an ACH chargeback because the payment was never processed due to the reasons like:

  • Insufficient funds
  • Account closed
  • Incorrect account number

Therefore, there is no money to be sent back to the payer.

All ACH Chargebacks are final, and there is no process to appeal. If a payer has an ACH chargeback, you must work with them directly to resolve the situation.


Additional Resources

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful