Use this guide to set up your new Zero Card, a new seamless way to manage and track company spending in real-time.
We've put together a step-by-step guide to help you get started with setting your Zero Card account.
Skip to the relevant section below:
Chief Financial Officers, Controllers, or Finance Managers
Before you can assign a budget to a Cost Center (e.g., department), you need to first add the bank account you will use to deposit funds.
Connecting bank account and funds
- Login to the dashboard using your admin credentials.
- On the Overview page, click “ADD BANK ACCOUNT”. You can also navigate to “Accounts & Deposits” using the sidebar, and click on “ADD BANK ACCOUNT”.
- Select your bank from the navigation bar.
- Enter the accompanying bank information.
- Select the bank account you wish to use, then click "Select Fund".
- Your bank account has now been added as a funding source.
Creating cost centers and budgets
Before you can assign budgets, you need to create a Cost Center. Cost Centers are often tied to departments, although some teams may have multiple Cost Centers.
- Within the Overview page, click on “ADD A COST CENTER”. Alternatively, you can navigate to “Cost Centers” using the sidebar, and click on “Add a Cost Center”.
- Enter the name of the Cost Center and the email of the owner. The person with this email will then be able to access the Cost Center and have control over the budget assigned to it.
- If you want to assign a budget to the Cost Center at this point, enable “Add funds” or click on “Add Cost Center”.
- Enter the amount of budget you’d like to assign, and select the bank account for the deposit.
- Click on “Add Cost Center”. Viola, you are done. It will take 5 to 7 days for your deposit to be available for Zero Card issuance.
Cost Center Owners
When your budget deposit has arrived at a Cost Center, the Cost Center owner will be notified via email to sign in (or sign up if they’ve never used a Zero Card before) and create Zero Cards.
- Click on “Create Zero Cards” in the Sidebar.
- Select the Cost Center you want to create cards for and click on “Continue”.
- Select if the card is for the Cost Center owner (i.e. yourself) or a Cost Center member. If you select “Cost Center member”, enter the email of the person who will use the card.
- Select or create a Category for this Zero Card. The category is a required field that should match your expense line item.
- Enable the “ Include Memo” toggle if you want to include a Memo or Note for that Card
- Check the “Activate out of funds notification” if you want to be notified when the balance of the card is below $10 USD.
- Enter the amount for the card and click on “Add”.
- Repeat steps 3 to 6 for as many cards you need to create for this Cost Center. When you are done, click on “Review”.
- Review your Zero Cards. When you are done, click on “Confirm”.
- Your Zero Cards have been created! They will be available for use instantly. An email will be sent to notify the cardholder. If the cardholder does not have a Zero Card account, they’ll be able to sign up through the link in the email.
Zero Card is a prepaid virtual card accepted for online transactions. Cardholders will be able to see their active cards in the “Overview” section and click on any of them to see the card details.