Handle Disputes in Sage Intacct

Follow these steps:

  1. As soon as we are notified by our banking partner that a dispute has been opened for you, you will receive an email notification to let you know about the dispute that will include instructions to follow if you wish to contest the dispute.

  2. A Journal Entry needs to be created.
    You need to debit the amount of the dispute from the checking account where the funds initially landed. To create a Journal Entry Navigate to General Ledger > Journal Entries > New.

    You also need to create or select a GL account for chargebacks. We will use that GL account to send the disputed amount. 

    To create a new GL account, navigate to General Ledger > General Ledger Accounts > Add.


    Be sure to manually reconcile your checking account.

  3. You will also have to send evidence documentation to disputes@paystand.com to contest the dispute.

  4. A second GL account will be required to record bad credit expenses, which will record the amount that you lost (or conceded) to the customer at the end of the dispute. Create a new journal entry for this movement.
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful